Product Reuse and Product Life Extension
As concerns around today’s environmental problems continue to increase, there is a growing need for consumers to speed up their sustainable behaviors relating to product disposal such as product reuse and product life extension.
Personally, I use to consume and waste so much without even thinking twice how I could re-purpose my products to benefit someone else or how to recycle / reuse empty containers so they don't end up right in a landfill. That's why I wanted to share with you some easy ways to reduce your carbon footprint without having to feel guilty.
How to keep the life extension of your beauty products flowing:
1. YFM offers you the opportunity to sell products that are no longer of use to you for a profit.
2. If you chose to give back and want to donate your products you can through our donation program or go to your local shelter or non-profit and see what items they accept.
3. See if a friend is interested in the product, just because the product did not workout for you does not mean it can't benefit your bestie :)
How to reuse product containers:
1. Make an oil diffuser from a perfume bottle.
2. Attach empty glass cosmetics jars to a wooden board and plant herbs to create a cute planter.
3. Clean out an empty lipstick tube for a easy-to-tote bobby pin holder.
4. Hold off on purchasing body scrubs and reuse empty scrub containers to hold DIY products.
5. Clean an old liquid eyeliner brush to use as a nail art pen.
6. Hold on the empties for travel to put a small amount of product into.
Upcycling and recycling does not need to be hard and your beauty products may feel like a baby step but can have a huge impact on reducing your carbon footprint and landfill waste.